My new Atlas Milling Machine

Definitely a good find. I'm looking for either of the coolant pumps for my MFA. And the lamp and the auxiliary arbor support bar.

Robert D.

About 12 years ago, I saw an Atlas Horizontal Mill in a used machinery dealers showroom. I think he was asking $300 because it was missing some major parts.

I called a cousin of mine in Florida and told him about it. He has a home shop and likes to tinker. Anyway, he bought it sight unseen. Gave his credit card number to the dealer and they put it in my truck.

Once back home to my manufacturing company, I skidded and crated it up and then contacted a rigger and shipper. My cousin's credit card once more came into play. I think he must have had almost a grand in it before he laid eyes on it.

OK, enough narrative. My cousin made the overarm parts and stuff that was missing.
I would post a photo but I can't figure out how to get it from my computer into this thread.

Edit: Going to try the photo.

Shop 003.JPG

Last edited:
I ended up buying the milling machine that I asked about in another thread. It's a model MFC. It wasn't quite as clean and shiny as it looked to be in the photos, but I'm still happy with the purchase. I picked it up yesterday and just unloaded it from my minivan with the help of my son. I'm probably going to have to take the motor and guard assembly off before I try hauling it down into my basement. Then I have to build a stand for it and wire up a switch to the motor. I've never used a mill before, so I'm anxious to get this up and running to try it out.

Here it is sitting in my garage:

001_zps9891b41d.jpg

002_zps6ebbd0b3.jpg

WOW! That is a nice find! Here I was so excited that mine came with the original vice. The accessories you have are likely worth a lot more than the mill is. Makes me wish I could get mine put back together so I can start playing with it! Just trying to round up the tooling is turning out to be a jorney in itself.
Rodney

001_zps9891b41d.jpg

002_zps6ebbd0b3.jpg

001_zps9891b41d.jpg

002_zps6ebbd0b3.jpg

001_zps9891b41d.jpg

002_zps6ebbd0b3.jpg

001_zps9891b41d.jpg

002_zps6ebbd0b3.jpg

001_zps9891b41d.jpg

002_zps6ebbd0b3.jpg

Really nice! You have a lever for the back gear that is not broken! Every one I have seen was broken at the skinny part of the arm.

Back