My Bridgeport refresh

Nice job! You'll love the machine once you're done. I've got a 2 hp variable speed model from 1981, really nice machine. Great deal at $300, plus you have the fine feed hand wheel which is missing 99.9% of the time.

Bruce

Nice Job taking all that paint off. It was the right decision. If you like the metal look and want to clear it, one option might be "penetroll" made by flood. It is both an oil base paint additive and a bare metal conditioner/protector/coating. You'd have to research to see if it meets the needs of oil/chemical resistance. I use it on metal art that i want to preserve the metal look and welding discoloration. It is really thin like mineral spirts and it brushes on really easily. btw, yesterday I came across this same mill (at least it looks to be the same), neighbor closing his business and selling it for similar price. I might do it.

55890479355__CD1F2FB9-3951-4090-8F83-EB87543721A7.jpeg

Figured I'd post some updated pics. Its coming along:

I went ahead and painted it Smoke Grey by Rustoleum. No bondo...just a bare casting. I love the look

Started a DRO install...will finish it tomorrow

I went for a brushed aluminum look on the belt cover and painted the logo background black. It will match some of the bolts and stuff that will be redone in black oxide......if the kit ever gets here

New zerks... ended up cleaning out a lot of grease from the machine on the knee...but none on the saddle...BECAUSE THERE WERE NO ZERKS!! Waiting on the push oiler to come from H&W

Fairly happy how the table cleaned up. It was fairly rusty. Vinegar and some Zep degreaser with maroon scotch brite.

Excellent work!

Dang at 300.00 cost you could spend another 1000.00 bucks on it and still be way ahead.What kind of DRO did you go with,that is on my Christmas list?

Glad you decided to paint it.....that Rat Rod motif only works for old cars.;)

Glad you decided to paint it.....that Rat Rod motif only works for old cars.;)

Im glad I did too
Dang at 300.00 cost you could spend another 1000.00 bucks on it and still be way ahead.What kind of DRO did you go with,that is on my Christmas list?
The DRO was a cheap Chinese one off aliexpress.com It was recommended here on the board. I got this kit:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3-a...283.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.5fcc4c4dNQBD3O

It seems to be very accurate compared to using the dials on the cranks. You just tell them what size scales you need. You can do up to 3 550mm scales.

Hey, your table looks like mine, lots of character!

Back