My 70 Nova project (Formerly looking at this mustang)

alloy

Dan, Retired old fart
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Ok I admit I'm not a ford guy but my wife and I are looking for a classic car. Not looking for a big project, but this mustang caught my eye.

Engine is blown, no biggie. Easy fix. Just dont know the value of it. And I think it has a custom body kit. Has a lot done too it. For a couple of grand I could build a new engine.

So what's this worth? Is it someone's oddball project with the body mods that make it worthless?

Sorry, I thought I'd posted that. And the pics didn't post either.

Let's try it again.

Well seems I can't paste a link from my phone.

00f0f_bMSRtyjpKSH_1200x900.jpg00n0n_1WdEkSMN7UR_600x450.jpg00M0M_esXnNkpZCwA_600x450.jpg00u0u_j04uFOjQo5b_600x450.jpg

Going on the pictures and little info you posted I think it would go In my area for $5000 max and thats if you have the desire to sit tight and hold firm on that price long enough!

Ok just found a way to post a link.

I like how it looks. I think with a,warmed over 302 it could be fun to drive.

I've asked about rust problems on it and waiting for his response. I think $5k would be a good price. I could build a nice little motor for $2500 and hopefully have a nice fun car.

68 Coupe, someone added a "body kit". Most curious parts are the Cougar tail lights. Almost like they were trying to get a California Special with the Shelby rear spoiler.

Small Block 5.0 will bolt right in and give you a roller cam so you can use todays oils easily. Plus you could always get a stroker kit and easily make a 347 from that 302/ 5.0...

And up here in New England - "they'd" be asking 7500 to maybe 10k for that. Not saying they'd get it tho...

Oregon does not salt their roads in winter, at least not until recently. If the Mustang has lived in Oregon most of it's life, then there is a good chance that the original body has very little rust.

The body kit adds no value but looks pretty good except tail lights. I like mustang's you can do anything you want to it parts galore and any engine combo. I like for the street alot of torque so I put a 351w roller with stroker kit made a 408 so even with mild cam it will give unbelievable street performance. I got a toploader 4 speed case you can have if you get it and want a manual.

Back