My 50.00 dollar haul

Aukai

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
The sale was for 13 HSS metal bits, but some other things were in the box. From left to right a single parallel, an unknown tool holder it is threaded, a pair of unknow parallels with a tapered end, and notches, my HSS bits, then the surprise of the box is a pair of B&S 599 920 56 parallels. Damn, they are on ebay for 350.00 used:eek: WOW....

Last edited:
Totally unexpected, thank you...

Is the 'unknown' the second from the left at the bottom? That looks like a Starrett indicator holder from here, but there's not much to go on.

I don't care what you paid, you still suck. My personal not to exceed price for 1/2 MoMax is around $4-5 per each. Stellite is just lucky, you dog you.

The 2nd from the right does say Starrett.

And the other question mark, no brand name found?

Last edited:
I cannot find the Starrett online.

It's an old tool (looks like a little bit of case coloring still visible). I have two of those from the parts kits that came with the Last Word indicators.

Not sure what to think of the "special" parallels. They could be parallels, anyway. They could conceivably be swaging dies if you squint at them, but I think they were meant as a vise fixture. They seem useful and the price was right, right?

I found pictures with 2 holes, but not the one with only one threaded hole. As you said, can't beat the price.

The 2nd from the right does say Starrett.

Mine is a no-name:

DTI Holder.jpg
I haven't tried to unscrew the post, I always figured it was pressed in. I use it to mount a DTI in the height gauge, in place of the scriber.

One mystery solved :encourage:

Back