My 18 x 27 Shop

You might be ok running the 3/4"pex direct burial without a conduit. The 3/4" pex has a heavy wall thickness compared to the 1/2"pex. Just make sure it's deep enough to avoid freezing.

I dont have a like button in taptalk on my phone so consider this a LIKE!
I will follow your progress for sure.
Curious why you chose aluminum conductors vs copper??

Aluminum is less than half price. It gets expensive really fast when you're running a hundred feet of heavy gauge cable.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418433838.826650.jpg

Boy am I tired of digging through this clay. All I need to do now is add a few more sections of conduit and wait for the electrician.

I basically had to dig this trench twice. First time I didn't like the stress on the conduit at the corner of the deck when I dropped the conduit in the trench. So I opened the corner a bit then widened the trench to the house. After two afternoons of digging I'm finally satisfied. Thought about heating the 90 degree conduit before I started the extra digging, but gave that up. I didn't want to ruin anything.

With Christmas sneaking up I may not get much work done due to all the family get togethers. Love watching others open presents, especially the gag gifts. Speaking of gifts, thank you all for the suggestions and encouragements they are greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418433838.826650.jpg

I heat PVC conduit with a heat gun to change shape quite a lot. Just keep the heat moving all around the pipe.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420459342.443624.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420459358.043746.jpg

Hello again, I have been filling in the ditches between football games and rainy weather. There is almost nothing worse than wet red clay sticking to a rake or hoe. I'm glad I have a good putty knife. This week the excavation is scheduled for today or tomorrow, and the building materials are scheduled to arrive Thursday around noon.

I'm hoping to find out today when construction starts, guessing Friday or Monday. I was told construction should take three to four days. I can schedule the electrician once the building is dried in. The concrete slab may take a while to pour, I don't want the concrete truck driving over my septic line so the guys will need to shuttle the concrete. I'm expecting a lot of spillage during this process. It looks like the temperatures will be in the 40's during the day for the concrete curing. Vendor says he has blankets to cover the slab so I'm not real concerned.

I'll post the progress as things get done. Starting to get excited.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420459342.443624.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420459358.043746.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420765918.508532.jpg

Used a pick axe to loosen the frozen pile of dirt before I finished filling in the electrical ditch to the house. Waiting for the excavation work to be done. Temperatures are in the twenties, brrrrrr.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420765918.508532.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420766197.191263.jpg

Gravel arrived before the excavators, truck driver waits with me. Excavators had a flat tire on the way to my house, only a slight delay.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420766197.191263.jpg

Back