My 10F and a couple of questions

That does make sense.
Unfortunately Sears shows a similar price to that mentioned above. I've emailed Clausing this morning so I'll see what they say. I've asked for prices of the washer, mitre gear and gear case (behind the apron).

Thanks for you help all. As I said earlier, I'm sure I'll be back with more questions before long!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

At that price I would make one myself. The size would not be critical so long as you have enough room for both nuts. Just make sure the pin or end of the screw is the same as the key way.

Last edited:
Well I got a quote from Clausing for the washer (10f-75) along with the mitre gear (341-051) and the gear case (10F-11) and the total was $231.83

10f-75 $9.48
341-051 $108.50
10F-11 $113.85

I think since I have the material already I'll have a shot at making my own to the measurements given above (thanks!).

Could someone also tell me the length of the two bolts which hold the bearing to the bed? they're 1/4 UNC so far as I can tell from the parts list but I can't see the length.

Thanks.

Chris

Chris,

Unfortunately, those are about typical 21st century parts prices. Meaning that they aren't NOS but were actually made fairly recently.

Which two bolts are you referring to? I'm not aware of any bearings being attached to the bed.

Robert D.

The two shown here:
$_35.JPG

The parts list I have says they should be 1/4" 20tpi (1/4 UNC) hex head but I can't read the length. Could it be 3/4 inch?

I think it would be against the rules of the website for me to paste a page from the parts list I'm sure I could email it if needed to identify the bolts.

Bellers,

The screw length is 3/4". The originals, according to several different parts manuals, have hex heads instead of slotted. However, either will work.

Pasting a page from a manual, if useful for illustrating a point or a question, is no problem. We would just prefer that complete manuals go into Downloads (if they aren't already there, which the 10F manual is). However, the length figure you wanted is illegible in all copies of the 10F manual I have seen. I had to go to several 12" manuals (which use the same lead screw bearing as the 10F) to find out what the length is or was. I "fixed" it in my file copy here and will when I get time upload a replacement.

Robert D.

Back