MT5 Dead Center or MT5-MT3 Taper Adapter.

mike96

Registered
Registered
I have a MT3 dead center, the head stock in my lathe has a MT5 taper in the spindle. Looking for either one at a reasonable price. Let me know I am in Phoenix AZ 85037.

Thanks.
Mike

I have an MT5 to MT3 adapter I'm not going to use and will never fit into the pass around box. PM me if you're interested.

John

I have a half notched mt5 dead center. PM me if interested

Barncat, Sorry for the late reply. I picked up the 5-3 adapter from Matthew already but just in case it does not fit the bill for what I need I will keep you in mind. I am curious to know though, when you say a "half notched dead center" are you revering to the tang on the back?

Nope, the tip isn’t a full cone. Helps get closer to the end and face the end. See this thread.

I had to look up a picture, I was having a hard time picturing it in my head for some reason. I will keep it in mind though, however I dont think it will work well for my needs. I need to have the dead center in the headstock with a lathe dog clamped to the barrel blank and a live center at the tail stock to turn a taper over the entire length of a rifle barrel.

Back