Most Common Gear Cutter Module

Xiansheng

Congming
Registered
Hi Everyone,

I suspect this is a daft question, but is there a gear cutter module which is most commonly used?

Regards

Xiansheng

I used to know that answer. If I remember correctly it depends on the size of the teeth you are trying to cut. The gear diameter will depend the number of teeth. Sorry I never cut gears in the shops I have worked in. I have bored out the inside diameters before on commercial gears to match the worn/broken ones.

I used to know that answer. If I remember correctly it depends on the size of the teeth you are trying to cut. The gear diameter will depend the number of teeth. Sorry I never cut gears in the shops I have worked in. I have bored out the inside diameters before on commercial gears to match the worn/broken ones.
Hi Bill, I wasn't so much interested in the gear calculations, which I can do, but whether certain modules are more commonly found than others. For instance, it seems to me that reading about various projects on the Internet, Module 1 seems to come up a lot.

Hi Everyone,

I suspect this is a daft question, but is there a gear cutter module which is most commonly used?

Regards

Xiansheng

The famous Tubalcain, AKA MrPete222 on U-Tube has a video showing cutters of different shapes with respect to numbers of teeth and pitches. The video also shows actual cutting and indexing. Very informative and clearly presented.

I
Hi Bill, I wasn't so much interested in the gear calculations, which I can do, but whether certain modules are more commonly found than others. For instance, it seems to me that reading about various projects on the Internet, Module 1 seems to come up a lot.

I appreciate the reply. This is why I like this site I always learn something new. Never heard the term Module used before it was always Pitch. I did find a article that might help, it did help me; http://www.minitech.com.au/images/PDFs/Gearcutters.pdf. I remember gear cutting can be complicated.

Hope you have a great weekend,

Back