More PM-940V Mods

ptrotter

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I have been continuing to upgrade my PM-940V mill. Initially I converted the mill to CNC using a kit from Arizona CNC kits. This worked out very well. I used Clearpath servos and Centroid Acorn for thew CNC control. I then added a power draw bar that I built myself, similar to what others have done. I use Tormach style tool holders so this make tool changes simple and fast. I put in a Fogbuster mist coolant system that is controlled by the Acorn CNC. Since the Acorn support a spindle encoder input, I added a rotary encoder tied to the spindle so the Acorn knows the spindle speed. I'm not sure what I will do with that, but since I could do it, I did.

Now I just have to figure out what to make with it.

Here are a couple of pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_3100.jpg
    IMG_3100.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_3097.jpg
    IMG_3097.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_3099.jpg
    IMG_3099.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 140
I have been continuing to upgrade my PM-940V mill. Initially I converted the mill to CNC using a kit from Arizona CNC kits. This worked out very well. I used Clearpath servos and Centroid Acorn for thew CNC control. I then added a power draw bar that I built myself, similar to what others have done. I use Tormach style tool holders so this make tool changes simple and fast. I put in a Fogbuster mist coolant system that is controlled by the Acorn CNC. Since the Acorn support a spindle encoder input, I added a rotary encoder tied to the spindle so the Acorn knows the spindle speed. I'm not sure what I will do with that, but since I could do it, I did.

Now I just have to figure out what to make with it.

Here are a couple of pictures.
i like the way that this fella counter balanced the head

Back