MONARCH 10 EE ,PRECISION LATHE. ,$10,000 AS IS YUPP NYC

And a machine that is over 70 years old could be badly worn, and also remember that it has a motor / generator drive, and liable to be pretty noisy and with a bunch of switching gear that parts are unlikely to be available for. People have junked all that and replaced it with 3 phase AC motors and frequency drives, but I'd think that you'd want to start with a lathe in proven good condition so far as wear is concerned; the older the machine, the less likely that is to happen, not impossible, but not so likely.

I have watched literally 100s and 100s of 10ee come and go over last couple decades, never seen a round dial machine go for more than 4K in that time. So take 4K, subtract a couple grand for the silly paint experiment, and if it is in usable shape as a home shop machine that won't hold tolerances maybe 2 grand if it has some tooling. My feelings about fresh paint have been gone over before but basically drop price by a couple grand for bad paint, drop price at least that much more if is silly color like red, blue, green , yellow, purple etc and put all warning flags up cause fresh paint is for suckers and to hide sins. Let the buyer beware.

But, as P.T. Barnum said "There is a sucker born every minute"

LOL! also, they might have flaked the ways, ala used machinery dealers!

Well that explains why nobody wanted a perfectly good tailstock I tried to sell on EBay. I painted it!

As to the topic at hand, I agree the seller is obnoxiously proud of the merchandise.

Back