Modifying carbide inserts

Batmanacw

Registered
Registered
Would a 400 grit diamond grinding wheel do a good job of modifying carbide inserts on my surface grinder?

I don't need a mirror surface finish. Mostly I'd be modifying simple carbide tools and very light stock removal.

I use 150 grit diamond and CBN resin bond wheels in my cutter grinder on carbide, it works well. Leaves an exceptional finish and isn't painfully slow either. I haven't used 400, but it would probably do the job, especially if you're just touching up.

I have a 320 CBN that came with my Baldor clone carbide grinder. The other side has some mystery green wheel. I use the green wheel to do mods and the 320 for finishing as it leaves a mirror finish and under the microscope doesn’t chip the edge.

I have a 320 CBN that came with my Baldor clone carbide grinder. The other side has some mystery green wheel. I use the green wheel to do mods and the 320 for finishing as it leaves a mirror finish and under the microscope doesn’t chip the edge.
I'm more concerned with a smooth cut than removing material so it sounds like it should work.

Back