Model 9A mounting bolt pattern

MrEarl

Registered
Registered
The 9A I just bought needs to be moved to my garage, and the plan is to carry the stripped cabinet home on my lifted, off-road utility trailer. The trailer sits high enough that any sort of ramp is not practical. There is an I-beam running across the garage ceiling that I use to lift stuff from, so the trailer will be backed underneath and a come-along will be used to lift the cabinet and the trailer then driven out.

I am designing a spreader bar of sorts to bolt directly to the tray of the cabinet, using the lathe mounting bolt holes. Measuring the hole locations is imprecise with the frame/ways still in place, which I can't remedy at the moment. Is anyone aware of a schematic that shows the hole spacing for the 9A with 4.5' bed? Thanks!

There probably is a schematic of that somewhere, but not in my hands. You can probably measure the vertical distance between the rear mounting bolts from inside the cabinet part of the stand (where the bolts receive their nuts). The headstock bolts can be accessed thru the motor compartment. The horizontal distance can be measured from the top (maybe best in the back of the lathe).

This might work for you
077772f3d87fab234560427d947aeed8.jpg

Cutting oil is my blood.

Back