Mobile Army Machine Shop- then and today

We had similar mobile electronics shops but they were windowless, totally enclosed, and did not open up in any way. Not cool in the Mekong Delta.

This is a most remarkable machine.
If you look to the far left on the floor ... you will see the powering electric motor then follow this to the line shaft then drive belts built into the roof ! You can just see the shaper head above the mill table.
Now this is machine built to go mobile.
dd

Now that would be a 3-in-one, err 4-in-one worth owning :)

Here is one for sale from the late 80's on craigslist. We had one assigned that was similar to this for the RDF in the 80's that sat and had to be inspected every month. Ours sat on a Vietnam era deuce and a half. Go out start it, fire everything up, turn it on, flip every switch, turn every dial, make sure it all worked, turn it all off, sign a check sheet, then lock it up for another 30 days.

http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/hvo/4691595271.html

Thought it funny to run up on this posting after happening upon that listing the other day.

Wow, it even has a $1600 Wilton vise. I wonder if the dog comes with it?

00J0J_5iDkRdD3iMZ_600x450.jpg

The pic with the dog is definitely not in the cab of that mobile machine shop. That is the interior of a different truck altogether.

The pic with the dog is definitely not in the cab of that mobile machine shop. That is the interior of a different truck altogether.

Yep I agree there. Way too luxurious, probably in the cab of the semi pulling it. I have always wondered, spending a lot of time looking on craigslist for decent finds, I see a lot of postings with their dog or dogs in them.

Back