1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. PLEASE: Read the FORUM RULES BEFORE registering!

Dismiss Notice

MINI LATHE ID

Discussion in 'MINI-LATHE & MINI-MILL INFORMATION' started by lis2323, May 7, 2017.

1. lis2323

lis2323 Canada Swarf Registered Member

City:
    Victoria
    State:
    British Columbia

-Return to Top-

Good friends of mine picked this up at a garage sale for $7.50 knowing how I like to collect interesting metal "pieces".

Just got it today and haven't had time to start cleaning, but a cursory look doesn't reveal any manufacturer or other markings.

Anyone have any ideas?

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Thanks in advance.
    Terry

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. francist

francist Canada Active User H-M Supporter-Premium

City:
    Victoria
    State:
    British Columbia

-Return to Top-

Hi Terry,

Looks a lot like a kit or maybe even entirely home-build to me. I must say though, the pipe flanges for feet are an interesting touch. Maybe someone else will have a better idea.

In the meantime though, here's a link on how to post pictures if you're using Tap-a-Talk. Otherwise, for lots of folks anway, your images will just show up as "the dreaded Red X's" :)

-frank

Ooops, forgot the link!
    http://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/how-to-post-photos-from-tap-a-talk.55947/

3. lis2323

lis2323 Canada Swarf Registered Member

City:
    Victoria
    State:
    British Columbia

-Return to Top-

Thanks for the link, Frank

I'll post future pics that way. Never even aware of the dreaded Red X. Is it exclusive to this forum? I post on a couple of others and never ran into this.

Terry

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. francist

francist Canada Active User H-M Supporter-Premium

City:
    Victoria
    State:
    British Columbia

-Return to Top-

Yeah, I think so. They tried to find a workaround but no go, so we just try to let people know how they can post so everyone can see the pictures. Just one of those things.

-frank