Mill switch relocation

Charles scozzari

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
When I Have to use my 4" Bridgeport spacer I can't reach the forward/reverse switch and to make matters worse my mill is on wheels. To make the switch easier and safer to get to I've lowered it. There are times the switch is in the way but I just push it back for the needed clearance. the relocation has made getting to the switch much safer. As for the wheels the leveling is done with the 5/8" rods. None of the wheels are on the floor. I always remove the spacer until needed. Thanks for looking.5FE1D9D8-9A73-4699-9690-FF4AA8A88DAE.jpegE97E424E-F432-4699-A87E-1D7A1028C7B4.jpeg71C8B791-786E-45D8-B01C-D489F4419573.jpeg232E3F54-216C-4CB1-B20A-F126D32E8088.jpeg2F77D0BE-C53F-4BBE-96B9-B90B270DDBBA.jpeg82C66067-567B-4B64-A248-4E8C36487644.jpeg

Nice looking BP you have there Charles ! :encourage: I really need to put everything I own on wheels as it moves quite often . :grin:

You have to dig it out of the pile of ..... first Dave, then you can move it... What year will that happen??? :rolleyes: :grin:
I have to dig out the lathe today or later this week . This is my first job at hand . It will be leaving the premises this weekend I believe . :encourage: The lathe is in the darkest deepest corner of the garage of course . The mill and Surface grinder will be the next two to be reconded with . I'll have to fire up the little buddy propane heater to keep my fingers from becoming numb , I think it's from the medicines I'm taking causing this . :(

Nice looking BP you have there Charles ! :encourage: I really need to put everything I own on wheels as it moves quite often . :grin:
Good morning, I bought the mill in New Jersey from at the time A1 used machinery in 2002 for $1.700. Through the serial # its was made in 1966. It has all the goodies like Bijur lub system chrome ways and inside the column is the Bridgeport fluid pump. it also had way covers, travel dial on both x and y and the original X Bridgeport power feed. As you can see the Travel Dial system is gone (started to slide) as is the power feed. I think the quill gauge and spindle handle were also options that it has. It runs on It's own 2 hp rotary phase converter. I use a 5 horse for the other machines. It has the ! hp motor that because of the phase converter dropped it to 1/2 hp. Even at 1/2 hp has never shown the loss of h.p. Thanks again for your reply and the" LIKE". Charlie

I like the Trava-dials myself and have one on the lathe ! Easier to keep track of vs. the DROs . :)

Charles, if you are using a rotary phase converter, not a static, you should get the full hp of the motor. That's the diff between the static and rotary.

Charles, if you are using a rotary phase converter, not a static, you should get the full hp of the motor. That's the diff between the static and rotary.
I really never knew that. I was told that when I bought the mill and the converter at the same time. No wonder I never stalled the mill.

Back