Mill lighting

skylane

Registered
Registered
Here is an led lite set up for your mill, comes from China with free shipping, works great.

mill lite.JPG mill lite 2.JPG

you forget to say $$$$$? and from where. my goodness, it looks like it;d be bright enuf to blind a fella

Hi Terry,
You got this setup on your mill?
Can we see any pics of it in action?

Cheers Phil

Make sure you check the size. It's listed as max 60mm which is less than 2 3/8". Too small to fit the quill on my mill.

I have a similar one on my ZX-25 mill. $20 at Princess Auto, when they have them.

Actually, it's the second one. Make sure you add safety wires to keep the light from falling when you're getting into a heavy cut. The first light fell off, then got wrapped around the cutter. The switch (different than the one in the picture) got torn off the wires and flew across the room. Didn't see it again for some months.

Safety wires on the replacement do the trick.

Gentlemen;
Light is measured in "Footcandles".

When considering this unit, apply the same thought to the output value.

The lite pictured was on ebay, I will take a picture and send it as soon as I can, it is very bright. I have the G1005 Grizzly mill.
Terrylite ad.JPG

lite ad.JPG

Gentlemen;
Light is measured in "Footcandles".

When considering this unit, apply the same thought to the output value.

Illumination is measured in footcandles. Light output is measured in lumens. These guys have given us the output of their fixture as 210 candelas, which is a measure of intensity. It depends on the geometry, but this probably amounts to about 500 lumens, which is 1/3 the output of a 23W CFL. How many footcandles this delivers to your work depends on how far away it is. I should think it would be pretty bright mounted on the spindle of a mill.

I have a similar one on my ZX-25 mill. $20 at Princess Auto, when they have them.

Actually, it's the second one. Make sure you add safety wires to keep the light from falling when you're getting into a heavy cut. The first light fell off, then got wrapped around the cutter. The switch (different than the one in the picture) got torn off the wires and flew across the room. Didn't see it again for some months.

Safety wires on the replacement do the trick.

So I take it you felt this was bright enough to warrant replacement when the first died. That speaks volumes to me. I like as much light as I can get. I will look into one of these. Anyone else like theirs in use?

Back