Mill Jaspar 2cr

orjo

Active User
Registered
Yesterday I finally got my second mill home.
It is a Jaspar 2 CR Mill Build in Liege about 35 km from my home. It is built between 1953 and 1960.
2015-03-28 10.31.43.jpg
The picture is showing the mill from the right side taken before disassembly for transport.
All parts are present except for the original dividing head and tools.
I even got the owners manual in my Home language (Dutch).
Today I looked it over and it seems to be in very got condition. All it need is a clean-up and some lubrication and some wires that need to be fixed.
My first mill is also of the Jaspar brand but I do not know which type.
2013-08-13 21.04.35.jpg
This mill I cleaned it up disassembled it for thorough cleaning and some repairs. It performs got and got a lot of work done with it. I will put the new mill in place of this one and it will be sold after I give it a fresh coat of paint.

Today I got some time to work in the shop.
So I disassembled the Mill that was in my shop an put it aside. I first made some picture and it is for sale on the Internet.
Then I cleaned the drab in the coolant bay of the new mill. The layer of oil , dirt and chips was about 1" thick. With the pressure cleaner I was able to get everything out. It is now cleaned and ready to receive the new coolant as soon as it is working.
Next I rolled it in the shop on its place where the other mill stood. As you can see below I mounted some studs in the mounting holes and set them at height. It is ready for bolting to the floor.

But that is for another day.
DSC_0004.JPG
The old mill.
DSC_0013.JPG
The new mill after cleaning.
DSC_0017.JPG
DSC_0018.JPG
The new mill at its proper location standing on its struts and blocks.
DSC_0019.JPG

This week I did the following.
First I leveled the machine with my level with an accuracy of 0.02 mm.
Next I drilled some holes in the concrete floor around the base of the machine. The holes have a diameter of 14 mm. In these holes I Glued some re-bars of 10 mm.
With wood I build a case around the base and pored in the concrete about 250 liters.
2015-04-19 09.57.42.jpg

2 days later I removed the wood . On the picture you can see that the concrete is still wet( hard but not yet fully hardened. this will take a week or 2.
2015-04-19 09.57.42.jpg

Next I started with the electrics. In order to be able to transport it i had to cut some wires.
And every thing is working.
2015-03-28 10.31.50.jpg
The milling Head I disassembled for inspection. 3 bearings need to be replaced. I do not have picture of the disassembly. 2015-04-19 10.01.40.jpg

It's been a while since my last post, but her we go.
Last weekend I had some time to wrk on my mill.
The milling head was making some terrible noise. I took it appart and found uot that it had been worked on before. Since I could not find any drawings of the mill head I just used commen sens .
I bearing was worn and mad some noise while spinning I replaced it with a new one I had bought previsously. While reassembling I looked closely at the gears if they where touching the right way.
After I reassembled it I mounted it on the mill and started it up. It still made some noise but less then earlier. I loosened the end plat of the middle gear and tried it again. I noticed some reduction in sound and played a little with the bolts looking for the least noice. Next I measured the gap 0.35 mm and turned a step in the cap securing the bearing.
And voila it makes less noise then fefore.
2015-05-10 08.59.32.jpg 2015-05-10 08.59.43.jpg 2015-05-10 10.37.18.jpg
Next time I a follow up of the mill. If I can find the time.

During the last weekend I got some time left and was able to finish the Mill.
Today I got my first parts milled with the machine.
Some slot holes in a plate for a gate I'm making.2015-06-11 12.11.39.jpg 2015-06-11 12.11.48.jpg

ORJO I like your Jaspar mill it reminds me of the alien creature from the motion picture "Alien" :eek:
Mark Silva
Mt. View, Ca USA

Back