[Lathe] Meuser

BOB7c1

Registered
Registered
I have new to me a meuser MOOL lathe is about 16x50 previous owner has past i can get speeds and run apron i am not a machinist any help would be grateful

I also have a Meuser MOOL lathe.
I have the original manual as well.

Hi, Welcome to HM and congratulations on your new lathe!
You can get plenty of help here. A couple of tips:
Please post pictures, as best you can. Pictures best help us understand your questions and what is needed.
Please be as specific as possible when asking questions, you can ask as many as you need to.
In general questions like "how to operate a lathe" are too broad to answer, but I can point you to some resources to help you to that end.
You Tube has some excellent videos showing basic to advanced machine operation.
The book "How To Run A Lathe" Published by South Bend Lathe Works Is a great way to learn the basics. There are some early editions available for free on the internet and the most recent, 1966 edition, is available on this site, though you'll need to be a donating member to download it. Print editions are available online as well.
Enjoy

Last edited:
I have levers A,C ,figured out and B is rotation of shaft to power apron i would like to know how to control speed of apron put put lead screw in and out

Attachments

• IMG_0376.JPG
    IMG_0376.JPG
    145.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0376 (2).JPG
    IMG_0376 (2).JPG
    166.2 KB · Views: 20
that helps a lot looks like i will have to work with levers E,F,G to get carriage speed

i have that thread chart on the side of the machine still not quite understanding the carriage travel speed

Back