Mc60 Contoller.

kvt

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
OK, have a functioning newer model MC60 controller, with a 2.6hp motor setup. Have it where I have momentary switch with relay to start it, a momentary switch to shut it down etc. All on the AC side of the setup.
Problem is when I shut it down and bring it back up. I then have to take the speed control all the way to 0 and then bring it backup.
This is on a bandsaw and I do not want to have to keep adjusting the speed each time unless I am changing the metal or something.
Does anyone know what resistor etc would need to be cut in order to prevent this problem. I can supply pictures etc if needed.

Put a simple SPDT switch in the wire from the wiper (center contact) of the speed pot and the circuit board. When I converted my drill press to a treadmill motor a couple years ago, I was lucky enough to find a speed pot with a push-pull on-off function on the knob. Simple and slick.

Though of something like that but I'm using multiple stop switches. On is going to be set up where it shuts off when it finishes cutting, and another as a manual stop in case of emergency etc.
and that is all wired into a 120v relay system I know you are supposed to be able to cut one of the wires and solve the problem found the one for a MC40 but hot for the 60 so far.

Back