maybe a gloat? Lathe

Re: maybe a gloat? deal just got sweeter

looks like the deal got a bit sweeter, finally drilled the lock off the front cabinet and found goodies inside. appears to be 4 sets of outside jaws for the chuck they seem to have about three rounded parts each progressively smaller. and each set smaller. a set of alum soft jaws that bolt on
and the three piece aluminum chuck thing im not sure about . and the big thing is a collet closer system no collets but think the rest is there.

100_0554.JPG 100_0556.JPG

That collet closer is worth almost what you paid for the lathe. I'd say you really scored. You can get a set of collets off of ebay for about $80 or so.

great. a guy with one like mine , you just made the top of my list of who to go to with with questions! so here is the first one, how did you power it? i'm thinking a VFD is probably the way to go i don't have 3 phase the VFD seems to be a popular way

Thats the name brand of my knock off Tiawan lathe. I did very little wiring to use all the facory controls with the vfd on mine. i mounted the vfd in the tool box to protect it.If you want contact me for the wiring pictures and instructions. BTW, Nice score.
Darcy

PICT0733.JPG

Thats the name brand of my knock off Tiawan lathe. I did very little wiring to use all the facory controls with the vfd on mine. i mounted the vfd in the tool box to protect it.If you want contact me for the wiring pictures and instructions. BTW, Nice score.
Darcy

Yes any info you have would be a big help! my VFD is in the mail so im getting antsy to go. appreciate any thin you have on what you did
Gary

Yes any info you have would be a big help! my VFD is in the mail so im getting antsy to go. appreciate any thin you have on what you did
Gary

Private message me and we can get you running. We can work it out by pm and then you can post what we did. What kind of vfd did you buy?

Darcy

Thanks for describing your VFD setup. I never thought about hiding the vfd in the tool box. I may pirate your idea for my Harrison M300. If I mount it there I'll provide fan ventillation to keep things cool.

Thanks for describing your VFD setup. I never thought about hiding the vfd in the tool box. I may pirate your idea for my Harrison M300. If I mount it there I'll provide fan ventillation to keep things cool.

There is enough space in the tool box that it doesn't get hot even with the door shut. I do leave it open most of the time for easy access though.

Back