maybe a gloat? Lathe

nightowl499

Active User
Registered
I just made a deal on a 13x40 Harrison lathe a M300 same as a same as Clausing or colchester , circa 1986
looks to have been somebody's baby . anyway i got it for a grand which im thinking is pretty sweet. whatcha think.
should pick it up tomorrow so will get a pic or two up once I dust it off. seems to have all the goodies on it

I just made a deal on a 13x40 Harrison lathe a M300 same as a same as Clausing or colchester , circa 1986
looks to have been somebody's baby . anyway i got it for a grand which im thinking is pretty sweet. whatcha think.
should pick it up tomorrow so will get a pic or two up once I dust it off. seems to have all the goodies on it

You definitely win on the Harrison. Mine was $1800. What color is it ?

I have a Harrison horizontal mill. They make nice,real machines. I'd like to have a lathe like that. I know where a 16" one is(if the guy is still alive). Been kind of afraid of it,though. Some issues with it,and it has a complicated electric brake. It is probably 60" between centers,and in real nice shape. Haven't seen the old guy in years,and then he was not well.

Sounds like a steal ! Bought a Harrison 16 x 60 new in early 80's. It was a pleasure to run, never had a problem with it, and it's still workin away today I'm told. Take good care of it and it will outlast you. Congratulations.
dickr

Congrats. Sounds like you got an unbelievable deal. How does someone let it go for that??? Throw up some pics once you get it.

As a matter of fact if you would like to instantly double your money shoot me a message i will take it off your hands.

ok a pic of my new to me baby. looks to be in great shape has had little use, just a lot of ring rust from setting in
a warehouse for several years has a nice tool post added the back splash is off from our moving it , has a nice boom lamp
on the back as well. so now have to drill the lock out on the front to see if there may be treasure in the cabinet, hoping a couple more tool holders. so a lot of clean up shine up tomorrow.. wish me luck. im sure ill be back with questions

Gary100_0546.JPG

100_0546.JPG 100_0547.JPG

ok a pic of my new to me baby. looks to be in great shape has had little use, just a lot of ring rust from setting in
a warehouse for several years has a nice tool post added the back splash is off from our moving it , has a nice boom lamp
on the back as well. so now have to drill the lock out on the front to see if there may be treasure in the cabinet, hoping a couple more tool holders. so a lot of clean up shine up tomorrow.. wish me luck. im sure ill be back with questions

GaryView attachment 83527

Super, & pre-equipped with a generous supply of swarf!. My M300 is painted the earlier green and came from the ExCalibur Car Co. which was located in a suburb of Milwaukee, Wi. and originally owned by Brooks Stevens family members.

Back