Maximat Compact MK4 coming soon to a forum near you !!!

These Compacts are such elegant looking machines.
I have a Maximat V10p which seems to have the same gear arrangement as yours.
Do you need measurements of the missing stud or?

These Compacts are such elegant looking machines.
I have a Maximat V10p which seems to have the same gear arrangement as yours.
Do you need measurements of the missing stud or?
Very much so to everything you said haha
I think they are absolutely beautiful !
and yes if you could help me out regarding that tumbler stud i would be eternally greatful and perhaps some help regarding your gearing and stuff , and possibly help identify some of the extras I have

So in my research it appears as if the headstock casting is threaded for m10 something in the main hole , but the smaller satellite holes that hold on the “flange” are absolutely marked as m5x25 DIN 63 I’ll update if I find out otherwise

Last edited:
I'll delve into the lathe this weekend and get back to you.
Here are a couple pix from the ebay parts seller:
1585920497976.png
1585920540438.png

Last edited:
Nice , so far my main concern is if I make this part should it be steel on steel in the gears ? Or should I make a bushing to go between the two to prevent wear of the surfaces ? And obviously once Choiliefan gets a better look at this thing we’ll know whether it takes needle bearings or anything although I know one of the other large gears do I don’t think these will

Okay, mine is steel on steel, no bushings.
The shaft is mounted to the headstock with two screws only.
I'll know more tomorrow, but the purpose of the six countersunk holes may be to tweak the clearance of the tumbler & gear to the spindle gear.

These pins also appeared to have a grease fitting and with that said is that something I should look to recreate ? Like make provisions to attach the grease fitting ? And what nozzle is used for these Emco grease fittings ? Preferably something that will fit an old eagle Oiler as I have 2 of them with threaded brass nozzles

The sh*t really hit the fan here so it'll be a couple more days.
I don't see a grease fitting but can make out a couple tiny cross-drilled holes where the gears ride.
When I can remove the part, I'll be back.
Stay well.

Back