Manchester trepanning / grooving tools ?

mmcmdl

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Anyone here still using these ? I can remember using these on the very large lathes in the past and wondering if they are used today . These are the blade types with carbide ends .

I’m using PH Horn’s face groove offering, it is little more than a carbide finger - works extremely well (I thought it would chatter like crazy).

I’m using PH Horn’s face groove offering,
These Manchesters are large . Checked them out on the bay , they use 1 1/4" or 1 1/2" shanks . The groove tools are about 2 1/2" long . I know they are for large lathes .

Anyone here still using these ? I can remember using these on the very large lathes in the past and wondering if they are used today . These are the blade types with carbide ends .
Pictures/link?

Yeap. Still do when customers require a vacuum chamber electron gun plasma target. They are uncommon today but a couple outfits still use one. I used one to cut the backing plates diameter down instead of making a huge pile of chip, I made a few years ago
Pierre

7C572788-37D4-4CFD-BDF9-955D7C49CCA7.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey guys !!!! That is THEM ! I found some blades and quite a few of the carbide cutters .

Cool! We might be interested. I know that there different sizes. Any more info like part numbers?
Pierre

Sure do . Pics and part numbers .
Cool! We might be interested. I know that there different sizes. Any more info like part numbers?

Back