Making handlebars?

Jordan

Registered
Registered
I'd like to have some bars made in stainless steel. They aren't available to buy in the required shape, so I thought I'd make them.
But, it seems to be a trickier job than I first thought. I wonder if anyone else has done this, and has some advice on the procedure?
The main problem is how to get them to be symmetrical.

Jordan

Jordan,
I use a JD Squared tube bender and Bend Tech software. Those two tools are very accurate and will make handlebars all day every day if you wanted to, PM me and I will be glad to help you understand exactly what is involved, tool requirements, limitations, and cost. If your only interested in one set of bars, that may be way to pricey to pursue. If your interested in doing tube projects then that is really the only way to go. The BT software has saved me enough wasted tubing from not getting bends exact that it has already paid for itself. Bending and tube welding are pretty unique processes, but do make some really neat finished projects. Bending and coping the material is fairly straightforward once you have an understanding of some of the terms and procedures. It's not really difficult at all, just takes a bit of practice to get good at it. Hope this helps and PM me with any questions, I'll be glad to explain anything you have a question about when doing those kinds of projects.

Bob

Back