MagXact Lag\Software Issues?

Beantown

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Can anyone confirm if the lag\software issues have been resolved with software updates to the PM MagXact DROs for lathes?

I have been researching DROs for my upcoming lathe purchase. I have a list of great options, but if I end up purchasing a Precision Matthews lathe I really like the option to have them install it. I'm not scared to do it myself it's just 100% time related. I'm a weekend warrior so my shop time is very precious to me. Installing a DRO doesn't sound fun nor seem like much of a learning experience. Paying the $300 for installation sounds like a good option.

Although I'm not opposed to advice on alternative DRO options, I just have a different active thread with a ton of great recommendations already. I just started this new thread for the sake of organization and to help others find this information in the future.

Seems like it was addressed with the latest firmware updates, it may also be model and scale specific. I believe it was only an issue with the MX-200L, there was also some issues of the feed rate not showing up correctly. I would check with PM/QMT directly.

I'll just point out that I recently purchased a PM mill with the PM DRO installed by PM. Their installation was high quality. Brackets are anodized and edges rounded where my precious skin might be damaged. I uncrated the machine and plugged the scale cables into the back of the DRO head unit. And it just worked. No fuss.

I have the 5 micron glass scales. So no experience with MagXact

After the latest update mine has been working great. I have the MagXact 200 on my mill.

Great to know. Thank you for the confirmations! This forum is Grrrrrrreat! *Tony the Tiger voice*

Back