Machine shop auction St. Helen's OR

With the 19% buyers premium it should be gift wrapped and delivered down your chimney! Plus don't forget your State or Provincial sales tax on top.
If you are buying late model equipment $500-$1000 dollars loading fee is pretty reasonable. Not so much for a hobby guy just wanting to get a decent mill or lathe
Martin
Oregon has 0% sales tax :)

I use bidspotter 90% of my auction purchases. Which is almost monthly. I only do auction close enough for me to pick up myself.
Bidspotter has been up front of any charges applied to listing. Usually their will be a 18% buyers premium. Some companies will have a sales tax added to the sale which is listed on the buying screen. Taxes are weird I think it has to do with the company itself because about half of my purchases have been taxed and the others haven’t. I tend to not do listing with taxes.
I’ve seen three auctions were it was listed that no one enters the building a rigger will deliver your goods and it was listed on the items listing how much you would be charged for delivery. I didn’t buy from those auctions it’s your decision.
Then there’s the dreaded 3% CC charge or exact dollar amount. I always pay cash and move my own equipt. I have had to pay to move a piece to the door companies insurance wouldn’t allow people to move equipt. Had to pay 30 bucks for a five min job with forklift. Hey they gotta make money too. 18% on your sale isn’t the end of the world when your getting tools and machines pennies on the dollar.

I just heard from Debbie again. I told her about the horror stories everyone here talked about, and gave her a link.

Her is her response.

Hi Dan,
I assure you, we DO NOT charge fees to handle removal of your items. If rigging and / or shipping costs are required, these charges are at your expense.

The horror stories you refer to are not from my auction house. We have never charged fees for removal of items.
Thanks for your interest. Let me know if you have further questions. I’m happy to help.
Debbie

I have attended and purchased items (both on-site bidding and Internet) from several Pahl Industrial Auctions and have always been able to load out my own stuff for no additional fees.

Stu

I surrendered and bought a pallet of stainless steel stock for $84 ($70 + $14 buyers fee) and a couple other $1 items.

There were a few really good deals... I almost bid on the 2hp pedestal grinder that went for $50 (I think). Many of the items were WAY over what I would have paid for them... but they were probably an incredible deal for someone. Bidding a live auction online was an interesting experience... it took control to go from "I could use that" to "I have enough junk already" on many of the items.

A couple of the BIG lathes went for really cheap. The small lathes went for about what I would expect to pay on craigslist and felt like I got an OK deal. The mill I saw went for in the $2k range I think.

Thank you for the heads up on the auction.

Last edited:
I'm glad you got something you wanted. I bid on the wells bandsaw but have no idea if I won it. It just says bidding closed, auctioneer not disclosing price.

I'm hoping I'll hear something from them about it.

I was looking at the Wells Bandsaw also... it seems like it went in the $325 - $350 range????? And the Carolina saw went for a couple hundred less. It goes so fast it is hard to say. I didn't quite understand how the pre-scheduled bids worked. The pre-auction amounts on the website were NOT where they started the bidding. I think they have some sort of put the pre-scheduled bids in while the item is on the block to make it look like a bid frenzy as there was a lot of bids coming through really quick.

I was also looking at the blast cabinet... I think it went in the $400 range... it might have been $700??? Either way a great price on a blast cabinet that size but too rich for my blood.

Back