Machine Rebuilding Facility Closing. Huge number of surface grinders, inspection equipment, storage cabinets, etc.

Any guesses on what the Wellsaw 1016 will go for?

I will bet $1500.
I am bidding on some of the storage units on that auction, along with the carbide grinder and the Jacobs chucks. All for my use, not for reselling. (don't be bidding against me, Duane, LOL)
One of my close friends is bidding on the Clausing drill press. I can then sell him my Jacobs chucks for five times what I paid for them. He is a close friend, it is the least I can do.

Lol. I won't bid against you but I'm gonna destroy your friend. Just kidding. We have one if those drill presses in our shop at work. They're really nice.

Ya know, Duane, I never looked at that Welsaw until you mentioned it. It may go lower due to it being a 3-phase. I will have to keep an eye on it. It used to be that a 3-phase machine drew only bottom dollar generally, but with the proliferation of VFDs, that game has now changed.

One of the Gage Block sets is like mine – I also unwrap blocks/pins as I need them (I couldn't talk my 10 year old grandson into spending a day on this chore, and I'm sure not going to do it):

Gage Blocks.jpeg

One of the Gage Block sets is like mine – I also unwrap blocks/pins as I need them (I couldn't talk my 10 year old grandson into spending a day on this chore, and I'm sure not going to do it):

View attachment 422259
A gauge block set, as well as a lot of other misc tooling, is what I'm most interested in. But not worth the 8 1/2 hour drive each way even if they were free. When I recover from some of these other recent shop expenses, I'll look for a similar auction to dive into.

If you need a large band saw I know where one is ! :grin:

Jacobs chucks ? I have 30 I'll put on here soon . Tis the selling season . :encourage:

Not large per se. Just better. No more 1/2" blade bs.

Back