Looking? Shaping Attachment For Bridgeport Mill, Attaches On Spindal

Mike8623

Registered
Registered
Recently I saw a shaper/slotter attachment on ebay. It attached to the spindle of the mill and must have used some gearing so that the shaper spindle went up and down by use of a spiral cut into the side of the spindle on the shaper. The product was made by Chien Dai. Anyone know anything about these or a similar shaper that utilizes the spindle on the milling machine to operate the attachment? Or where to get them.

Yah, pie in the sky.....anyway I've looked all over the internet and can't find anything on these shapers.

Surely someone out there can chime in and help with finding these things. Come on guys!

all slotter attachment I ever saw went on the back side of the ram I used to see them at auctions reasonable.

Yah, this one has a r8 spindle that fits right on the mill spindle, uses a gear system and spiral flutes on the sides for a downward motion.

Someone must know about and how to get these.

Volstro made a slotting attachment that mounted onto the quill. I have the Bridgeport slotting attachment. And to be honest, have never used it yet. If I need to do that type of operation, I just run the quill up and down...Dave.

I can't find anything on this shaper/slotter. I've looked everywhere I could think of looking even alibaba with no luck

Back