Looking for value of SB indexer?

Mine was included with the purchase of my 1965 SB 10K which I paid $1000 for. I bought the whole lot from a scrapper in Peoria Illinois. He was cleaning out an old hardware store. I believe it was a display model with taper attachment, and rarely used. It included a number of accessories still in the original boxes.

This is an old thread, but I thought I would see if anyone could help me on this. I acquired one of these units which is missing the clamp and the dog. Both parts seem pretty straightforward to make but I have a question about the dog. I see that it has three set screws in it (in addition to the screw that locks it to the center) but I don't understand how they are supposed to work in relation to the clamp so I'm not sure exactly where they should go and what kind of screws they are. If anyone has one around with an intact dog and clamp I would appreciate some input as to the dimensions of both and especially the purpose and location of the three set screws. Thanks in advance!

Bill

Back