[Source] Looking for these

I forget the name of them but the only time I have noticed those for sale were on ebay from China.

If you can't find any here's an idea. My mill/drill came with those for the gib locks. I wanted better ones so I went with the adjustable postion levers mentioned above. But for the thread size I needed the handles were way to long. So I purchased the handle size that I wanted with a female thread & rethreaded studs to fit the handles.

Plus 1 on the Kipp handles. I have a Kipp on my lathe for the carriage lock. These black ones I got from Mcmaster & are nice too. I wanted to use one on my compound slide also but on my lathe with this type of handle it would interfere with my compound screws since they are not recessed.

IMG_6932.jpgIMG_6920.jpgImg_6943.jpg

The quest for these screws came up some time ago on this forum. As I recall, it was unsuccessful then. The HM search function isn't working for me at the moment.

My lathe had regular set screws which I replaced with DIY knurled thumb (?) screws. I took an ordinary internal hex cap screw and pressed a knurled aluminum donut over the head. They take up a minimum of space and when extra torque is required a hex key can be used.
But I wonder how much pressure should we put on the side of the gib and what shape should the screw tip have?

I had a Delta drill press that had one of those screws on the quill depth stop. It is Delta part #1311037. This is a link to a parts supplier that has it in stock. They don't give the screw size, but maybe you can call them and ask - maybe even ask them who they buy it from.

1583417579367.png

Attachments

• Depth Stop Ring 1.jpg
    Depth Stop Ring 1.jpg
    850.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
I use a bicycle saddle cam lock. I think its M6, I will check later

Back