Looking For Info On A Lks Kwik Kut Power Hacksaw

Snype32

Registered
Registered
Hello... new to the forums here...looks like a lot of good info here. I'm hoping somebody can help me out a bit with my power hacksaw. I have a LKS Kwik Kut. I'm wondering how to adjust it to cut straight. There are some adjustments on it, but it seem like I can only get two options...to tight and saw won't move,or loose and sloppy. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Got a pic , there is another recent thread on this subject for a band saw

Last edited:
Best advice I have is to keep a sharp blade. Does it cut straight and then wander? I saw a thread on Kwick Kut saws on another forum The Garage Gazzette.
Martin W

The blade arm must ride on some form of rail. These get worn and the blade arm can "wander" and lean.
Just try moving the blade arm around by hand to get an idea how badly worn it is.
The wear can exceed the takeup in the system or be such that the arm will be loose in some spots and tight in others.
Some machines have replaceable guides but the counterparts are probably so worn that they need to be machined true.
Your gonna have to take it apart and inspect the components.
Jim

Thanks for all the replies... I did take it apart... Cleaned, greased, and reassembled. It does have some play vertically, but side to side can be adjusted. I'll post a pic...not my saw, but exactly like it. There are four screws plus two on the top for adjusting. Was wondering if there was a particular method for adjusting. also wondering what direction the blade should be in for cutting.

kwik kut.jpg

Most power hack saws cut on the return stroke.
See if the blade is true in it's vertical plane and that each end of the blade are in the same line.

Back