Looking for blade guide for a Kalamazoo H9AW Part # is 190 I think

You mean the whole assembly? I assume you have one and need the other?

This was my situation when I got my 9AW and my first mill project was to make the missing guide, including the eccentric screws that set the bearing spacing. Funny, knowing what I know now, it seems like it would be a much harder project than it actually was.

i can send pictures if you have any interest.

Here's a few https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=kalamazoo+saw+parts
and https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=kalamazoo+saw+company

Kalamazoo, Wells, Kysor-Johnson, Marvel, Grob, DoAll of course, all very straight forward, serviceable machines. A few suppliers specialize in guides and wear parts, 'Carter' likely best known of all.
DoAll is who put metal-working bandsawing on the map; when in "1933 Leighton A. Wilkie develops the last of the seven basic machine tools, the metal cutting contour bandsawing machine". Machine work of all kinds benefited including production, none more so than diemaking.

You mean the whole assembly? I assume you have one and need the other?

This was my situation when I got my 9AW and my first mill project was to make the missing guide, including the eccentric screws that set the bearing spacing. Funny, knowing what I know now, it seems like it would be a much harder project than it actually was.

i can send pictures if you have any interest.
What I need is the big aluminum bracket that clamps to the backbone. It holds the actual guides

What I need is the big aluminum bracket that clamps to the backbone. It holds the actual guides
Shot in the dark here, doesn't sound like it, but are both missing? That shouldn't be overwhelming; either one literally pattern for the other, IIRC. They are opposite "hand", mostly where guides mount, maybe an extra boss for the coolant line.
Manufacturing Logic tells me Mr. Kalamazoo would not bother with 2 different castings that could/ should be identical, until a bit of fixturing makes them separate part numbers.
BTW, certain of something else; those are aluminum to minimize countering weight difference if they were cast iron - affecting the feed rate control.
- Study part list to visualize making it, sketching along the way.
- Determine how to collect measurements from sample.
- Only two are important, over all length, and offset of clamp to center line of blade. - If you have a height gauge and surface plate (or table of milling machine) and couple short machinists jacks, not too challenging.
- You'll need a blade of course, in a pinch make sample of strapping tape.
- Make it oversize a known amount, install and check. - The guide adjustment will do the rest.

- These assume you've developed required skills and tools, perfectly OK if not. Here's opportunity to do so!
- I don't care how good 'Joe' thinks he is, making thought out steps remains important. Get your head around them.

This forum contains plenty of expertise, willing mentors, I guarantee each was apprehensive about some former project themselves.

Shot in the dark here, doesn't sound like it, but are both missing? That shouldn't be overwhelming; either one literally pattern for the other, IIRC. They are opposite "hand", mostly where guides mount, maybe an extra boss for the coolant line.
Manufacturing Logic tells me Mr. Kalamazoo would not bother with 2 different castings that could/ should be identical, until a bit of fixturing makes them separate part numbers.
BTW, certain of something else; those are aluminum to minimize countering weight difference if they were cast iron - affecting the feed rate control.
- Study part list to visualize making it, sketching along the way.
- Determine how to collect measurements from sample.
- Only two are important, over all length, and offset of clamp to center line of blade. - If you have a height gauge and surface plate (or table of milling machine) and couple short machinists jacks, not too challenging.
- You'll need a blade of course, in a pinch make sample of strapping tape.
- Make it oversize a known amount, install and check. - The guide adjustment will do the rest.

- These assume you've developed required skills and tools, perfectly OK if not. Here's opportunity to do so!
- I don't care how good 'Joe' thinks he is, making thought out steps remains important. Get your head around them.

This forum contains plenty of expertise, willing mentors, I guarantee each was apprehensive about some former project themselves.
Great info. I would have made it but don’t have that big of a chunk of aluminum. A new one costs around 200 I’m not sure what aluminum would cost. I was hoping some one might have a saw they were parting out

I did not have a big chunk of Al either, so I built it out of pieces bolted together, It works identically to new.

Back