Looking for an old obsolete part

skrewd

Registered
Registered
Been looking for several years for a Bridgeport vertical mill duplicator bracket. I purchased the lower tracing and arbor locking bracket not knowing it was only one part of a two part system. I am looking for the vertical bracket that is quill mounted by the two of the four tilting bolts. Information as in images to see additional views or to purchase the actual part if available. I can assume much of it form thru function but trying to piece together the original design or part. Tried contacting a recommended company but have not received any response. Additional images beyond the Bridgeport sales catalog would be great or another lead. Thanks

Attachments

• E7A8F9CE-5BF0-4D02-9298-695CB785CA18.jpeg
    E7A8F9CE-5BF0-4D02-9298-695CB785CA18.jpeg
    30.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 02B3ADA9-F9B7-4224-ABFB-49F45A31E0BE.gif
    02B3ADA9-F9B7-4224-ABFB-49F45A31E0BE.gif
    186.1 KB · Views: 37
Help me to understand what it is that you are missing.

In the left picture I see the part that mounts on the side of the head, to keep the horizontal bar straight, and I see the probe that represents the guide piece (my names) I don't know what Bridgeport called them.

Is the picture with the Coke Can your image with your parts? Are not all the parts in the Bridgeport picture represented there?

Hello the part I am in need of is the part with the spring. It is in both images. The vertical piece when in place that bolts to the quill using the quill tilting bolts . And on the left image, it is closest to you with the spring.

I have the adjustable “probe” follower tip assembly with the horizonal bar.

That is a picture from the internet, not a picture of what I have. It’s also specfic for a J head.

I see, that piece with spring and floating vertical rod keeps the probe lined up with the tool, regardless of Z movement. I'd think that could be made...

Right but I want more information, either dimensions or clues as to why and how much offset. Is the spring to balance added weight or to lift as it is traversed across or drop? Instructions as to intended protocols. Only quarter inch ball cutters . Things owners or users might know.

Back