1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. PLEASE: Read the FORUM RULES BEFORE registering!

Dismiss Notice

Looking For A Mini Lathe/mill

Discussion in 'MINI-LATHE & MINI-MILL INFORMATION' started by MemorY, Oct 11, 2016.

1. MemorY

MemorY United States Iron Registered Member

City:
    Gilbert
    State:
    Arizona

-Return to Top-

I'm just going off of what I'm seeing from littlemachineshop.com :) The seem to have a lot of what I'm looking for.

This lathe would do all that I need to do really for lightsaber props and just basic turning down metal for
    http://littlemachineshop.com/products/product_view.php?ProductID=5100&category=1271799306

And then I'm considering getting this mill and adding their 4th axis upgrade:
    http://littlemachineshop.com/products/product_view.php?ProductID=5500&category=1387807683

It's a little bit more expensive then what I'd like, but I feel like it'd be worth it in the long run.

Thank you! :D Glad to know that I'm in the right place. :D

Subwayrocket likes this.
  2. Subwayrocket

Subwayrocket United States H-M Supporter - Premium Content H-M Supporter-Premium

City:
    Scranton/Wilkes-Barre
    State:
    Pennsylvania

-Return to Top-

MemorY likes this.
  3. kingmt01

kingmt01 United States Active Member Active Member

City:
    Huntington
    State:
    West Virginia

-Return to Top-

I stand corrected. It says you can swing a piece 4.3" so you would be able to get that hunk in there as long as there is still room to Mount a tool.

4. brav65

brav65 Active User Active Member

City:
    Phoenix
    State:
    Arizona

-Return to Top-

I wish you luck and hope you are able to dip your toe in and leave it at that. Unfortunately for me, I am a full fledged tooloholic, and I do not plan to enter a 12 step program anytime soon. Seriously do what is best for you, don't let a bunch of egg heads like myself shame you into anything! The good thing it's only money and you can always get more of it!

hman and MemorY like this.
  5. brav65

City:
    Phoenix
    State:
    Arizona

-Return to Top-

If you plan to get the mill above do yourself a favor and by a PM-25 from Matt at Quality Machine. His support is unbelievable and for someone starting he is the right guy to talk to. Give him a call and he will steer you in the right direction even if it is not to buy his stuff. I have the PM-25 and have not regretted it fo one second!

hman likes this.
  6. Subwayrocket

Subwayrocket United States H-M Supporter - Premium Content H-M Supporter-Premium

City:
    Scranton/Wilkes-Barre
    State:
    Pennsylvania

-Return to Top-

Yep , that is the link I posted above . The PM25 and also the PM727 . About the same price and he's a stand up guy .

7. brav65

City:
    Phoenix
    State:
    Arizona

-Return to Top-

here is a 20% off at micromark

Please add Micro-Mark@e.micromark.com to your email address book.

If you cannot see the information below, click here.
    mik_01.jpg
    mik_02.jpg mik_03.jpg mik_04.jpg mik_05.jpg mik_06.jpg
    mik_07_1.jpg
    mik_08_1.jpg
    14WS003-measure-twice_26.jpg
    If you no longer wish to receive email specials and announcements from Micro-Mark, Click Here.

Micro-Mark • 340 Snyder Avenue, Berkeley Heights, NJ 07922

Attached Files: