LOOKING FOR A bigger lathe

from the replys get the idea some guys here are needing something long for thier projects, me for example have absolutley no need for anything that crazy and will still be examining a 7x14 just to be sure, $$$$ isnt really that big of a problem rather what use will be having now and future. I should mention some guy had a craftsman stored away that I tried to go check out but never got back to me, we still might pursue it just for kix

from the replys get the idea some guys here are needing something long for thier projects, me for example have absolutley no need for anything that crazy and will still be examining a 7x14 just to be sure, $$$$ isnt really that big of a problem rather what use will be having now and future. I should mention some guy had a craftsman stored away that I tried to go check out but never got back to me, we still might pursue it just for kix
My suggestion for the 8x16 or 9x20 is not the size so much as they are built a little better. The 7x lathes are built to a hard budget to be as cheap as possible. The 8x16 and 9x20 tend to be a little better quality and they come with more tooling. They are a bit over your budget, but used ones turn up. I paid $300 for my 9x20.

Back