Looking for 18-ish Inch Camelback Straight Edge

ycroosh

Active User
H-M Supporter - Commercial Member
Hi folks,
I'm looking for a small camelback straight edge, ideally around 18", either finished, or a casting (i.e. Richard King's 18" casting).
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Yuriy

Martin is near you and has a very good reputation, AFAIK.

Martin is near you and has a very good reputation, AFAIK.

Thank you. i didn't know about them.
Just what I was looking for. Order placed...

I was also going to suggest Martin! Gary is fantastic. Its not a long drive for you (~30 minutes each way?) and he's a blast to talk to. Sounds like you ordered shipped though.

I've touched many of those castings and thought they were really high quality, nicer than my small Rucker camelbacks.

I was also going to suggest Martin! Gary is fantastic. Its not a long drive for you (~30 minutes each way?) and he's a blast to talk to. Sounds like you ordered shipped though.

I've touched many of those castings and thought they were really high quality, nicer than my small Rucker camelbacks.
I didn't realize he was that close. I sent him an email asking if I could just come by and pick up my order.
Thank you for the suggestion.

I didn't realize he was that close. I sent him an email asking if I could just come by and pick up my order.
Thank you for the suggestion.
No problem :) Have fun, Gary is a really nice guy!

No problem :) Have fun, Gary is a really nice guy!
I need a couple of flywheels for projects.
I’ll call soon & see if I can stop in.
Scappoose is about 35 miles S. of me, & a nice drive, a great M/C ride If not raining.
I lived there in early 70s.
WESCO Boots is also in Scappoose, back then you could walk in & have them build you a set of boots.

I need a couple of flywheels for projects.
I’ll call soon & see if I can stop in.
Scappoose is about 35 miles S. of me, & a nice drive, a great M/C ride If not raining.
I lived there in early 70s.
WESCO Boots is also in Scappoose, back then you could walk in & have them build you a set of boots.
He has a TON of flywheels in stock, and they are really nice castings. He has a big shop do his castings, and he anneals them himself. I'm working on one of his kits right now, and am really impressed at the lack of hot-spots/voids in most of his castings.

Gary is freaking awesome, and his shop is like a grownup toy store :)
I ended up chatting with him for over 1.5 hours and walked out with two straight edges (18" and 12"), a flywheel for a die filer and parts for the tool and cutter grinder. Will probably have to make a trip in a few weeks to grab some cast iron square casting and a lapping plate.

Gary is freaking awesome, and his shop is like a grownup toy store :)
I ended up chatting with him for over 1.5 hours and walked out with two straight edges (18" and 12"), a flywheel for a die filer and parts for the tool and cutter grinder. Will probably have to make a trip in a few weeks to grab some cast iron square casting and a lapping plate.
Great, glad you were able to get out! Every time I'm there I end up chatting for hours.

The tool and cutter grinder (The Quorn) is SUPER cool, and I'm shocked he has such a hard time selling the kits.

Grabbing a couple of his squares to machine is ALSO on my list, but I'll probably do one of those cool engine kits he has first.

Back