Looked at a Sheldon lathe today

I figure half that price. Earl

I've seen a couple 11" Sheldons sell recently, one a gov auction that went for about $2100, and an older model on ebay for about $1700. I don't think $2000 would be a terrible deal on this machine, granted, I have not seen it in person. I have been looking for a while now for something in this size range and from what I have seen, with $1250 in your pocket you aren't going to get this lathe or anything like it.

I have spent the last couple months scouring ebay and Craigslist and every used machinery web site I could find, and in that time have passed up several machines that I could have used looking for a bagain. I am sick of it. Lathe bargain hunting is for people who don't really need a lathe and have a lot of time on their hands. At this point the time I have spent is worth more than I am likely to save even if I do stumble onto a bargain.

Some people find Rembrandts at garage sales, and other people balance that kind of luck out. I am much more the latter than the former.

That is alot of cash for a shiny new paint job. Even if their are no obvious issues with the machine.......$1500.

Back