Look at what followed me home.

JimDawson

Global Moderator
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Make: MTA-6 Surface Grinder
Manufacturer: DoALL
Model: 3X1341B

Seller stated it was working fine and then the hydraulic pump wouldn't start one morning. They decided to buy a new CNC grinder, must be nice. Bet I can have this running in about 30 minutes as soon as I wire it for 240 volt.

I really just bought it for the 6x18, fine pole, DoAll electromagnetic chuck. Over all it looks to be in good condition. I got it for scrap price. Now I have to decide whether to keep my Harvel or to keep the DoAll :makingdecision: Don't really need both.

This pic is from the ad. It's still sitting in the back of my truck, I'll get some better pics tomorrow when I unload it. That's the coolant pump sitting in the tray on the right under the feed wheel.

00E0E_1ohanSu0Qku_600x450.jpg

00E0E_1ohanSu0Qku_600x450.jpg

Man I hate when that happens! You should see my shop, as I have had so many tools follow me home that I can't fit them all in! Nice find!

When I get back into my house, my shop will have more room. I'm really hoping one of those will follow me home.

I can't seem to get any to follow me home. :bawling:

Mark,
You are probably smart and never stop and look when there is a tools for sale sign. I have tried to not leave the house with any cash in my pocket, but I always seem to have a buddy with me that is willing to support my charitable efforts to find a home for every tool. Right now I have two compressors, a radial arm saw, a table saw, drill press, a shopsmith, a thickness plainer, a jointer and a bunch of hand tools stored in a buddies warehouse because I don't have any room in my shop! I am planning to have a big yard sale next month to get rid of as much of this stuff as I can.

I am planning to have a big yard sale next month to get rid of as much of this stuff as I can.

That is just wrong, you should be building an addition onto you shop.:nono:

:roflmao:

Nice find Jim! My advice, Keep the best grinder and sell the other one. I have a doall 6x12 hydraulic sg ,I love it.

Make: MTA-6 Surface Grinder
Manufacturer: DoALL
Model: 3X1341B

Seller stated it was working fine and then the hydraulic pump wouldn't start one morning. They decided to buy a new CNC grinder, must be nice. Bet I can have this running in about 30 minutes as soon as I wire it for 240 volt.

I really just bought it for the 6x18, fine pole, DoAll electromagnetic chuck. Over all it looks to be in good condition. I got it for scrap price. Now I have to decide whether to keep my Harvel or to keep the DoAll :makingdecision: Don't really need both.

This pic is from the ad. It's still sitting in the back of my truck, I'll get some better pics tomorrow when I unload it. That's the coolant pump sitting in the tray on the right under the feed wheel.

View attachment 93554

Must be have been a sweet tax write off for them. Nice find, hope she serves you well for many years.

OK, I got it off the truck and sitting on the shop floor. Unfortunately that is where it is going to have to sit until I get time to do anything with it. I'll just move it over in front of the the other two grinders, that are just sitting there also. In about 2 weeks I should be caught up and will be able to play with my new toys.

I really need to wash my truck
IMG_0481.jpg

Got it off with out breaking anything, this thing is heavy. 2000lbs maybe?
IMG_0483.jpg

A washed out view of the front
IMG_0484.jpg

IMG_0484.jpg IMG_0483.jpg IMG_0481.jpg

Back
Top Bottom