Loctite?

Speedy

Registered
Registered
What is your go to Loctite? I usually use 609... Trying to see if you guys get a better experience with a different type.

Thanks, Speedy

242 or 243 blue, 262 or 263 red, 270 green, 290 wicking grade, in that order. I do not have 222 purple low strength but really need to get some. Different tools for different jobs...

I have Loctite thread locker products over 30 years old that still work fine.

I also have some 30 year old Loctite and it still works. As far as what grade to get, just get all the grades. Be like a scout and be prepared!

Permatex also makes similar products that work well in my experience.

I read that locktite has a shelf life. I had some older 608 retaining compound that would not work. I bought a new bottle and it works great.:dunno:

my older stuff works better than my new stuff..

I asked locktite and they told me the shelf life was less than two years ...... But I think they just want to sell another bottle of "liquid gold". That stuff is expensive.

I found 50 ml bottles from China for $11 on eBay. The bottle has Locktite name on it but all the other writing is Chinese. I bought some and it works great. I went back to get some different number stuff and can't find it again.

I use the same stuff Bob in the previous post uses. Covers all I have ever needed.

Back