Lincoln Tig 355 Magnum Water Cooler Problem

SteveJustSteve

Registered
Registered
I recently bought a Lincoln Tig 355 transformer machine with very low hours. It's way more machine than I need, but I have the power for it and when I was trading my jeep for a 1964 Leblond Servo Shift 19x54 Tool & Die lathe and a Cat 40 Series II Bridgeport 4J the guy offered to throw it in for a grand... Considering I had about six in the Jeep and was looking for a Tig I couldn't turn it down. The machine itself works great, but I'm having trouble with the magnum water cooler. I bought a set of superflex hoses used on ebay and that was my first problem... The power return cable was chocked full of crap and I was getting no circulation, luckily I noticed before I burnt it up and with the help of the air hose and a couple HOURS I finally got it cleared up then let it flush for another hour. When I went to hook it back up investigated the whole system closer after reading manual (better late than never I guess) and the output from the cooler was plumbed into the torch power cable (water return) not the inlet of the valve on the welder, so I swapped around and plumbed it according to the manual. When pedal is depressed and solenoid opens water flows as it should but it closes the pump kicks on and off rapidly as the power light flashes along with it until it shut off, then it must have to reset something because it won't come back on for about five minutes. I'm wondering if there's a pressure relief or pressure valve in the cooler that has gone bad? Is any familiar with this cooler or this problem? Thanks for taking the time.

• SteveJustSteve

Back