Light freight shipping options?

Well, Fastenal was quick to tell me to go eff off.

WE CURRENTLY ARE UNABLE TO QUOTE THIS SHIPMENT

Thank you for considering Fastenal’s Blue Lane Freight Services. We apologize that we cannot assist you with your request. For a list of our current restrictions, please review pages 5-8 in the Blue Lane Freight Shipment Process Guide, see attached.

Quote Status: DENIED | Crosses Zones

DENIAL NOTES: Due to limited capacity, environmental and/or other restrictions, the route you have requested crosses between our East and West Zones and is not available at this time. Please see the zones map on the website for reference. www.fastenal.com/blf

Record Number: X23001332-DENIED

Requested Shipment Route:

ORIGIN: Middlebury, IN | Fastenal: INMID
DESTINATION: Tukwila, WA | Fastenal: WAKNT​

UPS and FedEx UTL are both coming in at $1200. The actual weight is 168 lbs, makes a small difference.

So I'm looking at a nice used power unit at $600... and $1200 shipping from Centerville, TX, USA. My budget isn't even remotely close to $1800, I can custom order anything I want from China for $600, and the Vevor low duty version is half that. I was really hoping to stick with Bosch and Nachi.

It boggles the mind.

Ideally you want an LTL carrier. (Less than truckload) If your seller could drop off at a depot and you pick up at a depot. That is your cheapest route
Yellow Freight is one, but I read they filed for chapter 11
Maybe try JB Hunt. If they have a local depot at both ends would be great.
Old saying up here. Canada geese Don“t fly south anymore. JB Hunt says he can haul ‘em cheaper
Martin

We have Averitt Express here - don't know if its nationwide. You can get something shipped to their terminal and pick it up there for less. May be a similar trucking company near you. Also Fedex is chealer palleted to a facility with a forklift and dock to unload them if you have a feed store, etc. that might accept the shipment.

Saia is a LTL shipper that I have had deliver parts. I have often gone to their depot where they would happily load the pallet onto my trailer or pickup. Not sure about cost though.

If you got a pretty fair truck, drive out there, motel for the night, dinner at steak house with your significant other, make a fun trip out of it. Id go if my F350 had not hit the Jack Daniels truck.

Aha! Thanks John, that's got to be the same engine that the seller I've been talking to uses, because I got the same rate and carrier.

It's miles ahead of the big three, but still more than the item cost.

Back