Let's see the Christmas haul.

Along gonzo’s lines, we made our 30th anniversary on the 20th. She gave me the”green light” to order a new 1640. Should hit the LA dock early Jan.

I got myself a new 3/4" Carmex LH threading bar with a negative anvil and inserts.

Is that so you can thread backwards going away from the chuck?

Those anvils are hard to come by.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Santa Clause brought me a 8" 6-Jaw set-true chuck:cool 3: I'll take a picture and post after I get her cleaned up.
Okay, Here's a picture of her cleaned up.
DSCN3855.JPG
Bought a back plate to fit my L-00 spindle nose. It's a 1/4" too small in diameter!
Got to looking at the existing one I use with the 9" Adjust a True chuck. It has the same OD register needed, just about 3/4" too big! The existing bolt holes are on a different BC. Easy fix. I have a back plat that will work with both chucks.
Did some digging thru some of my chuck manufactures catalogs and found that this chuck matches up with one that Buck Chuck used to sell to a tee! Even the threads and socket head cap screws match up to that on a Buck Chuck! Not a single metric thread on this chuck! The only thing missing is a tag saying it's a Buck Chuck. The Asians got this one right! So far.

Ken

Back