Let's see the Christmas haul.

Okay, Here's a picture of her cleaned up.
View attachment 251428
Bought a back plate to fit my L-00 spindle nose. It's a 1/4" too small in diameter!
Got to looking at the existing one I use with the 9" Adjust a True chuck. It has the same OD register needed, just about 3/4" too big! The existing bolt holes are on a different BC. Easy fix. I have a back plat that will work with both chucks.
Did some digging thru some of my chuck manufactures catalogs and found that this chuck matches up with one that Buck Chuck used to sell to a tee! Even the threads and socket head cap screws match up to that on a Buck Chuck! Not a single metric thread on this chuck! The only thing missing is a tag saying it's a Buck Chuck. The Asians got this one right! So far.

Ken

Ken, she cleaned up real well !!

Okay, Here's a picture of her cleaned up.
View attachment 251428
Bought a back plate to fit my L-00 spindle nose. It's a 1/4" too small in diameter!
Got to looking at the existing one I use with the 9" Adjust a True chuck. It has the same OD register needed, just about 3/4" too big! The existing bolt holes are on a different BC. Easy fix. I have a back plat that will work with both chucks.
Did some digging thru some of my chuck manufactures catalogs and found that this chuck matches up with one that Buck Chuck used to sell to a tee! Even the threads and socket head cap screws match up to that on a Buck Chuck! Not a single metric thread on this chuck! The only thing missing is a tag saying it's a Buck Chuck. The Asians got this one right! So far.

Ken

what brand is your new chuck? How are the tolerances? I am considering purchasing a 6 jaw.

You cannot see what I got, it hasen't arrived yet. I got my life back. The good Lord saw fit to give me a second chance. I survived a massive stroke. Nuff said.

"Billy G"
Amen Bill glad the Lord saw fit to keep you around to help us out

what brand is your new chuck? How are the tolerances? I am considering purchasing a 6 jaw.
I believe it is a Interstate brand. There is no brand name marked on it. It's not a Bison, could also be a Gator brand. There are no markings anywhere that would give me a clue of the brand. The jaws have match and set numbers on them and that's it. Have not had time to mount it and dial in the run out. It should be no problem indicating it in within .0005" TIR. at the chuck. Ken

Back