Let's play What is it ??????

B

Bill Gruby

Forum Guest
Register Today
I got this at our machinist group meeting today. No numbers on it just the name "Clenslap". I know there are parts missing, but before I can search for then I need to know what I am searching for. Anybody ever seen anything like this???

"Billy G" :thinking:

clap 001 (700 x 525).jpg clap 002 (700 x 525).jpg

It looks very similar to part of a cutter grinder attachment I've seen used to sharpen planer knives.

The part with the 4 thumbscrews has a hole going all the way thru with a "V" bottom. It tilts right and left 20 degrees from "0" and swivels 360 degrees. It also slides back and forth on that arbor.

My guess is grinder attachment. The V-bottom groove is an indication that it's meant to hold round shanked bits.

It does look like a jig for holding something so you can clamp a grinder on for sharpening.

Bill, the disc with the "degrees?" marked on it, does that fit the base of the small "crank thingy", and does that "crank thingy" wind in and out ala a tailstock or does it just rotate?

Cheers Phil

Cutter grinder accessories made by Boremasters, UK. Now known by another name: Carbex Ltd.

One looks like a radius dresser, not too sure about the other. Looks like part(s) of a TipLap machine.

#1 No the degree plate does not fit that part

#2 The handcrank just rotates the round part on the front. That portion of this conglomeration is a Tip Lap, whatever that means.

This much I know for sure, because I physically have it in my posession it is documented somewhere in cyberspace, but where???

On the piece with the crank, what does the other end look like? Is it set up to accept a round shaped part? I know that T&C grinders use something very similar in appearance that can have interchangeable "arms" that hold diamond dressing points at different radii.

It has circular grooves to hold lapping compound, it is hard and made from a woveh fabdic. The name of the material escapes me at the moment. It will come to me. :rofl:

"Billy G" :whistle:

Back