Leblond 15x54. Most expensive one I could find.

Mine are long gone and I'm not in the market for one . I still have one L0 Jacobs flex collet chuck left over from them . Seems the L0 is the oddball and the L00 is the sought after mount . I had to buy one off the bay as no-one would swing a trade with me .

The spindle mount on the auction one is a D1-6. There was another one I was looking at too that I thought had a D1-6, although it was smaller than a 15x54.
From what little I know, it seems that the servo shift issues emanate from the hydraulic pump? Maybe clogged filters or dirty fluids... :dunno:

There is also a Nardini lathe on an auction near me too. I actually inspected that one, and it seems to be in real nice shape. Otherwise, I have heard Clausing-Colchester are good too.

I'm going after a Colchester very soon , hope to get it cheap , maybe free if lucky . Couple of lathes and mills are headed out due to downsizing . Last time I walked away with 3 Bridgeports , that big 17" green lathe and a Johnson 20 bandsaw for 3 grand . Fingers are crossed and I hope they like $100s . I just took a few pics of the 2 mills and lathe in question . I'll send them to Mike , maybe he can post them .

You lose the lathe ? :burned up::laughing:

That one must have showed up later....hang on.

Most of our LeBlond's at work had the L0 chuck mount, but then again most were 16" and larger. My Sheldon has the L00 mount, and I find it's just about the right size for what I do. My largest chuck is a 12" Skinner and I can still hold it in place with one hand while spinning the collar to secure it. It's not as easy as it was a few years ago, but still doable. I must say it's a lot easier to install and remove an 8" or 10" chuck. The joys of getting old.

So I actually got ahold of this guy. Truth is, he wants $7500 for it. It is a really sucky time for me to pull the trigger on something like that. It is also a 15 hour round trip for me, although that really wouldn't bother me too much.

Back