WTB Lathe Wanted CO Front Range

wildmtn

Registered
Registered
Looking for a lathe near the Fort Collins-Denver CO. Can travel within say a day and have a trailer. I have up to ~84" of total width to work with for a floor unit. I can handle bench top units with a total width around ~60". Looking for a swing of ~9-14" and ~30" between centers. I can power maximum 5HP (off-grid) and can convert via VFD or phase converter to 3PH at lower HP. Prefer a used machine in good shape as opposed to a new import in this machine-desert. Budget of up to $5K depending of course on machine, tooling etc. Mostly hobby, smaller diameter work.

Sorry there are no direct replies yet. I guess HM members hang onto theirs once they score a good one.
One fellow who keeps a keen eye on what is available is @MrWhoopee . He posts what he finds from CraigsList, etc.
Given that it's best to at least get a look at what is offered, then searching out machine sale auctions within range might be the best route.

Sorry there are no direct replies yet. I guess HM members hang onto theirs once they score a good one.
One fellow who keeps a keen eye on what is available is @MrWhoopee . He posts what he finds from CraigsList, etc.
Given that it's best to at least get a look at what is offered, then searching out machine sale auctions within range might be the best route.

Thanks,

I continue to monitor CraigsList, local machine tool sellers, Facebook Marketplace, message boards, surplus register etc. every day or so but figured it was worth a shot to post up and see. Been looking for a few months. Pretty scarce within 500 miles of here and most are what I would define as "projects" requiring some work to get online if not a full restore. Most are un-powered. The non "project" lathes tend to be too big locally. I am also considering a small bench-top to work with while restoring a larger "project". Patience is a virtue!

Yeah, I'm here in Co and have been watching Craigslist for years...there are many that I've seen that would fit the bill, be patient and diligent, It'll happen. I'll post here when I see one pop up. There is a place in Ft Lupton or Longmont that resells machines. I found my PM727m there and they have machines so big they wouldn't fit in my garage. They post a lot on Craigslist, I'll see if I can get there name number...that was 3 machines ago for me.

Yeah, I'm here in Co and have been watching Craigslist for years...there are many that I've seen that would fit the bill, be patient and diligent, It'll happen. I'll post here when I see one pop up. There is a place in Ft Lupton or Longmont that resells machines. I found my PM727m there and they have machines so big they wouldn't fit in my garage. They post a lot on Craigslist, I'll see if I can get there name number...that was 3 machines ago for me.
This place maybe. I have bought a few small parts off ebay from them. They seem to be nice with the little I have talked to them. Some day I will have to make a road trip to denver, and do some shopping. This side of the state is a machine desert.

This place maybe. I have bought a few small parts off ebay from them. They seem to be nice with the little I have talked to them. Some day I will have to make a road trip to denver, and do some shopping. This side of the state is a machine desert.

Thanks,

I have actually purchased a few things at auction by them and have talked to them about my needs. Current stock is TOO BIG but if something comes up I gave them my specs and continue to periodically monitor their inventory.

Back