Latest update on my health

Bill,

Would lying down in the back seat be any better for your pain? Or reclining the front seat way back?

I wish you all the best...

Well I guess telling my Urologist how displeased I am about my quality of life and not being able to sit did some good. He called my Oncologist who then called me to set up an appointment for tomorrow with him and then a Radiation Oncologist. So maybe something will come of it tomorrow. At least they are both in the same building and I will be seeing one right after the other.

Good news Bill. It sounds like they are moving quickly.

I pray for favourable options.

David

I think they finally realize I am not please with how slowly they have been moving to alleviate things for me. Especially since they moved slowly so that I ended up in the position I am in.

Bill ,
My thoughts & prayers are with you and your lady wife at this time, My thoughta also are with the medical practitioners that the good Lord may guide their hands to get you well again The oceans breadth is but nothing in the mighty power of God, Prayers transcend distance in an instance.

I have had a couple inquiries as to how I am doing lately. So here is what's up. They had me on morphine but all I did was sleep so I decided to stop that and deal with the pain. Today I had a biopsy done so they can decide exactly which Chemo drug to use on me. I will find that out on the 24th. Fighting the pain does leave me tired most of the time though. But I hate taking medications. I do however have a day every now and then when I do stuff around the house that needs fixing. But I pay for it for 2 days. I know once the get the tumor shrunk I will be back to normal as the pressure it causes on my bladder and rectum is the pain. The Oncologist Associates I am seeing are tied in with Sloan Kettering so that is a good thing. Still have trouble sitting and sleeping at night for now.

Since The oncologist became associated with Sloan Kettering it was decided to do the biopsy. Well it seems there are a couple types of cancer cells for the prostate. They were treating me for the more common but the biopsy shows it to be another which is why I was not improving. So will have start a new Chemo by IV next week. I sure hope this works.

Here's hoping that the new chemo makes a significant improvement, Bill!

Bill I join everyone here hoping that you can get relief.

David

Back