Lagun Parts Interchange

D. Kent

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
There are not many threads on this topic, and I've thought about it: does anyone know of any parts that interchange between either:
1) Other brands - from some searching; seems really limited. Right angle attachments?
2) Interchange between Lagun mills? For example, can a FTV head fit on a FT ram? Can the power feeds be swapped between FT/FTV? Sure some obvious factors might be at play regarding sticking with same range of motion when it comes to the carriage and bed (FT1=FTV1, FT2=FTV2...)

Sorry for the many newbie questions and maybe this is all very easily answered if I picked up the phone and spoke with Lagun Engineering and asked, but thought I'd try and pick the Lagun knowledge base here first.
TIA.

My Lagun right angle head also fit my Bridgeport . It also fit Mike's ( Aukie's ) Sharp mill . ( I think he has a Sharp ) Maybe he'll chime in but they should all have the same quill diameter .

I happened to see this ebay ad for a FT when it clearly has a FTV head on what looks like a FT ram.

I don't think that was an uncommon thing in the very early models. My circa 1978 mill has a variable speed head, but the ram is labeled FT 1. It was checked out by a professional machine rebuilder, and Carmen at Lagun looked over the photos of it. Near as all can tell it is as original. The machine in the ebay ad looks just like mine, and given it also has a 9"x42" table, it is likely also one of the early machines from the 70's. They later switched to a 10"x44" table on the "little" FT-1 series.

Since I just posted this in another thread, may as well drop it here, too. Lots of information to be gleaned from paying attention to detail in this factory literature. At least for 1989 models there were only a few variations on heads. Other interchange cues can be taken from the dimension spec tables. All of the accessories Lagun offered are pictured with some specs.

Attachments

• Republic_Lagun_Mill_1989.pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 14
Back