Kurt DX6 vise, anyone have one?

I like how the side mounts are tucked into the side of the vise more than the older design. Definitely a great vise

Wow, that's a nice looking vise! Kurt vises has been copied so long it's great to see these changes. I wonder how long toll this one gets copied.

What are the offset holes for on the bottom toward the front & rear?

Also by the mounting flanges, one end is milled. Do you know what that is for?

I'm not really sure what all the extra holes are for but they are 5/8" so they fit the keys. You could use them for odd angle mounting set ups I guess. That one milled flat beside the mounting flange slot has an alignment line for the optional swivel base zero mark. My Magnum vise has one too but of course it was a couple of degrees off zero.:rolleyes:

That's a great write up! It makes me want to go buy one sooner than I need it just so I can sit it on my bench and look at it...

I guess if all else fails I could read the owners manual. The reason for the round "sine keys" instead of square keys is so the vise can be mounted at odd angles and the sine key holes are 2 different sizes to work on metric or imperial size t-slots. Some are 5/8" (.625") and some are 16mm (.624"). This picture is from the owner manual.

DX6%20sine%20key%20holes_zpsholat1ud.png

The Kurt sine keys are square on the end that fits into the mill table t-slot. the ones in this pic are 5/8" round by 11/16" square and are $73 plus shipping!!

SINEKEYS%2073.00_zpsjqjldvha.jpg

Last edited:
I like the idea of having the sine keys for setting different angles. I have a 688 and an older D60. Kurt makes a great product.

Back