Kool Mist Purchase

Is the filter for the coolant supply also a check valve! Also I am trying to use a solenoid valve on the air supply. What I want to be able to do is have the valve open when the mill is started. The solenoid valve is a 1/4" x110 volt valve. I want to wire it into the switch on my LMS mill.

No, I don't believe that it is. To have a check valve it would have to be a very light check valve or the suction would be impeded. I'm thinking about doing the same thing with a solenoid valve. A check valve would be very helpful because there is a delay between when the air is turned on and when the mist begins to flow.
Perhaps a 2 port solenoid valve would be a better solution. Installed right before the mixing block this, one port for air and one for coolant, would ensure that coolant is close by when the valve is opened.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I tried wiring the solenoid valve into the switch on the mill but it ended up tripping the ground fault so something wasn't quite right. I think I will need to wire a separate switch and 110v power which will make it a little simpler to do.
I use to do chemical handling at the papermill and there were small check valves that were very simple just a ball and a seat that acted as a back flow preventer. The ball is made of plastic and it relies on the weight of the product to make it seat.

Back